My grandma had several doctors in and out of her room today. Here is the update:
1. She has fluid building up in her abdomen. It is backing up into her lungs. This afternoon they pulled the fluid off of her abdomen and ended up getting 4L! She is feeling better and the doctors don't think there is as much fluid in her lungs as they did before the procedure.
2. She has a blockage between her stomach and small intestine. They will probably go in sometime soon and place a stint in to help with that.
3. She found a bump on her elbow a couple of days ago. After inspection and tests at the hospital, it was a lymph node. The cancer has now spread into her lymph system.
All of her doctors are meeting tomorrow with her at 1:00 pm to discuss her treatments.
I have shed many, many tears over the last week. My dad called tonight about 10 pm to tell me about the procedure of pulling the fluid off. I told him that I got nervous every time my phone rang now and it was him. I don't like that. I don't know what to pray for anymore. It is so hard. I have never been this close to lossing anyone this near and dear to me. I don't want to think about it now either. I am so glad the spirit can intercede on my behalf and I don't have to come up with the "right" words to say to my Lord. Thank you all again for your prayers. It really means a lot to me!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Update...
Posted by
Rachel
at
10:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Very sweet pics of all the kids! Don't feel bad about the group picture - all of us with kids know how difficult it is.
We are still lifting up prayers for your grandmother and for you as well. We love you!
Rachel...I know how you're feeling. This is the time when your friends can hold your hands up in prayer for you. Just remember that your Father knows where you are at right now. He is with you and with your sweet grandma.
Praying today...flee
I love you Rachel, hope you are finding some peace today as well as your grandma.
Rachel, that is so hard! Know that I am praying for you and thinking about you and your family. Your story about your sweet grandma Emma was so precious. Love you!
Rach, I'm still praying for you and your sweet Grandma Emma. I know this is a hard time.
I love the pictures of the kids with Santa. What a great "Santa" he is!
Praying for you guys. ~Deidre
Post a Comment