I know many of you have been checking the blog for updates, but the last 36 hours have been down ones for me. I have what is every nursing mothers worst nightmare---mastitis. It is no fun!! My fever got up to 102.8 around 5 pm last night. Thankfully, this afternoon I have been able to tell my fever completely broke. I am sweating buckets!!!! I guess the antibiotics have kicked in and I am doing much better in the energy department. It is no fun not being able to take care of your own children!
First thank you all for your prayers. I know they have been heard. Grandma is feeling better. Her sense of humor is back. My aunt was putting lotion on her Wednesday night and Grandma said, "Well, if I don't make it out of here, I'll be the happiest and softest person in heaven."
I have had several updates since the last post so I will condense them all down to what is going on now: The oncologist now thinks that the spot on her elbow is not lymph but that it is cancer in her bone. One side of my grandma's hip has been hurting her so badly that she has trouble even sitting on that side of her hip. The oncologist also thinks this pain is cancer in her hip bone. So, they have decided to completely take her off of chemo. The two chemos she has taken have been the best ones for pancreatic cancer and they have not helped one bit. So, they are going to take her off of them so she won't have all those side effects. Also, they are going to begin radiation treatments on her elbow and hip bones. This will help kill the cancer enough to relieve the pain.
After further tests, the blockage in her abdomen is actually another tumor. There is a tumor located in her abdomen that is pressing up against her small intestine. So, they are going to insert a tube into her small intestine to help keep it open and pray that it doesn't collapse as the tumor grows.
They are also setting her up with hospice. Even though the oncologist doesn't feel like the "end" is soon, she wants grandma and her hospice nurse to begin getting to know each other so when the time does get closer and the nurse has to be there more often, grandma and the nurse will already feel comfortable with each other.
THANK YOU again for your prayers!
Friday, December 22, 2006
Feeling Better!
Posted by
Rachel
at
4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am SO sorry about the mastitis! I recently dealt with that as well and felt HORRIBLE. Hang in there. Once the antibiotics kicked in life was MUCH better.
There are so many things going on with your grandma it seems and it is so awesome that she is able to keep such a great attitude and sense of humor. We will keep praying! Hope to SEE you soon!
Post a Comment