Thursday, December 14, 2006

Full Days!

The life of a youth minister's wife is rarely slow or boring. Tuesday night we had our Christmas party with a gag gift exchange. The gift exchange started out kind of slow. Nobody wanted any of the gifts already taken. (I honestly don't think they know what a true gag gift is. They were giving candy! Come on!) Then it all started. One of the girls opened a pig alarm clock that snorted for the alarm. It was way annoying but it was the hot item of the night. All the girls wanted it. In fact, at one point we almost had a fight over it. Jeremy finally had to intervene. It was crazy. It ended up being a lot of fun, but I still think they need a lesson in what a true gag gift is.

Lindsey and her pig clock!


Caleb afraid something is going to jump out of the bag at him.
Kaylee and I with our springy Santa hats!

Speaking of not slow days...my days no longer consist of leaving Joshua in one spot and finding him there when I return. He has been crawling for about two weeks now but just recently really figured the whole thing out. Yesterday I took a video of him heading for something to pull up on. I also put him down once today to go to the bathroom. When I returned to the living room, he had crawled down the hallway and into the girls room. There is no stopping him now!
8 months!

2 comments:

flee said...

Wow! He is growing and changing so fast!

Glad you guys are doing good. We are busy finishing up school. We'll leave next week to go to TX for a couple of weeks. Hope you guys have a great break and fun time together making new memories. Love you..flee

Stephanie said...

It can be a madhouse when you combine teenagers and a Dirty Santa gag gift game. I probably would have gone for that Pig Clock as well - it's cute!

Thanks for the Christmas card! I didn't realize how much Madison and Emma are looking alike. You have a beautiful family and hopefully, we'll see each other very soon! Love you!