It has been great having snow these past few days. I love everything about it except for the crazy people who think they can drive on 3 inches of ice. For the most part though, I have been very impressed with people driving slowly and cautiously. By Saturday, the main streets were pretty much cleared. But even today, the side streets are still horrible. Our street is one solid sheet of ice still today. Today was the first day above freezing since Wed and so hopefully that has helped. As you walk on the snow in the yard, you can hear the ice cracking below your feet. It is crazy. Yesterday the church parking lot was also a solid sheet of ice. The people who clean the building had cleared the sidewalks, but the parking lot was a mess. Thankfully, we did not have anyone fall and hurt themselves. Jeremy did do a donut driving in the parking lot last night coming to church. (It was not on purpose either!) It was a little scary knowing my children were in the car.
Today, Madison and I built a snowman (the snow was more packable after a few days to melt a little) during nap time. It was fun doing something just the two of us. Lots of times she will run to the store with me but since most days she still takes a nap, we don't have lots of time just the two of us to do something fun. I can't believe next year she goes to kindergarten. :-(
Here is our masterpiece:

Monday, December 04, 2006
More snow fun...
Posted by
Rachel
at
11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Very cute snowman Madison! I want snow! Maybe we'll get some this year while Hayley is still young - but it always seems to bypass us.
BTW, Rach you look fantastic! Love you!
I agree with Stephanie, Rach, you look great! And, that snowman is pretty cute. Glad you got some one on one time with Madison. She seems so sweet, just like her Mommy!
I was gonna say the same thing. Rachel you look great!!! What have you been doing? Love the snowman!!
Please enjoy this time before school starts, I knew things would change but I had no idea how much. Love you all!!
Post a Comment