Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pictures of the Wound!

Some of the following pictures are not for the weak of stomach!

If you have not read my last post to see what happened be sure to read it. It will explain the pictures!

Waiting in the ER to get stitched up... (You can click on the picture for an even closer look...I know, Jeremy would agree with you--psychotic!)
Something to keep the blood from running into his eye! I was so thankful b/c he HATED me having to wipe it off.All stitched up and READY TO GO!!!At home last night ready for bed after the band-aid was taken off. Isn't that the cutest "cheese" EVER?!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our little guy is almost a regular Harry Potter now.

Hang in there and we'll see you soon.

AuldDad

flee said...

Oh Rachel...so sorry!!! But really cool pics! That is one big gash. I would've taken pictures too! Hope he heals quickly.

Anonymous said...

There is no one in this world or any other that loves my wife more than me. I also dare anyone to refute that...But on the other hand, She is definitely psychotic. Can't wait till I fall and break my self on a horse and have her take a full camera on the blood and mangled body of mine on the manure covered pasture. They will be the highlight of the Blog. I do love you though babe and am grateful that you were there to take care of him. Peace.

Anonymous said...

No matter what that anonymous husband of yours says, great job and good pictures. Man, if he had done it at the end of October.......hmmmm.

Stephanie said...

Poor baby! And poor mommy! You did well...I would have been freaking out!

Anonymous said...

now he will have a manly scar that he can impress the girls with. and if the scar doen't impress them I'm sure those juicy lips will!

Laura said...

What a trooper he is! That is one big cut. You're an awesome Mom, Rachel. I hope it heals quickly.

Beth said...

Bless his heart, and yours too! I am praying that March with be a "mending month" for the health of all our kiddos! Love you!

Ang said...

Oh my goodness. Not to sound all weird, but glad you had your camera to document, I would have done the same thing, and my husband would have reacted the same way! :-)

David said...

Jeremy would have taken pictures if the roles had been reversed. Make sure that when the story is told that all the boy says is "I got it while doing gymnastics, took a bad fall." No age or tripping over the carpet, just gymnastics...really impress the ladies.

Deborah said...

Oh no! Isn't it amazing how resilient they are? That is quite a gash. I'll bet taking pictures of the occasion helped you stay a bit calmer too!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! I cannot believe how calm he looks. So sorry you had to go through that.

Melanie said...

Oh, that's a HUGE owie! Hope he's on his way to healed now!

Kim Hodges said...

Bless his heart! And yours, too! Congrats, though, on a successful ER trip, and hope he recovers quickly!

Alissa said...

Poor thing! It still amazes me that we haven't been to the ER with Isaac yet. I'm glad your little one is smiling again!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, as a photographer myself, I can totally understand the picture thing. And you are right that it is a great diversion. Hope all is well with your kids. I read Beth's blog that the girls are due some visits to the doc themselves. Hope all goes well.

Donna