Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bowling!

First off, bowling with 30 people (17 boys) is a little insane but lots of fun!! The kids were out of school for a "weather day" in January and so all the houseparents decided it would be fun to take everyone bowling. Most of the boys bowled, some just watched but in the end it was lots of fun! The bowling alley in Altus gave us a GREAT deal which made it even better!!

Here are a few pictures of the girls bowling on their turns. The saddest part of all was Madison beat me in the first game and in the overall score after the two games we played! I know she"cheated" and used bumpers, but she still beat me! That must show you how terrible I am at bowling!!! At least I have fun right?!We played two games during our time there. Madison scored a 91 the first game and a 92 the second game. She is very consistent!! Her total for the two games was 183! Way to go Madison!!!
Emma had lots of fun bowling! She looks like she is watching the ball go to the end but wait....
about halfway through the first game she decided she didn't want to use the tool in the picture above. She wanted to do it herself! So, since her ball rolled so SLOWLY down the lane she was tired of waiting most turns. She would throw the ball then run back to play with her little friends!! It was pretty cute! She scored a 68 the first game and a 78 the second game for a total score of 146! Good job Emma!!
Joshua enjoyed running around and being passed back and forth between players when it wasn't their turn.

Jeremy scored a 111 his first game and a 100 the second for a grand total of 211. I scored a 85 the first game and a 94 the second for a total of a 179. Don't be looking for our family on a league any time soon!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The girls did pretty good! They may be natural athletes!

Shiann Metheny said...

Why didn't they tell me about that rampy-thing when I took bowling in college? Totally would have been a different story! I'm jealous, Emma!

Ang said...

What fun. I was just thinking our girls are old enough to go on a bowling adventure. First we need to find a smoke free one.

David said...

When I was little...too little to pickup and roll the ball down the floor, my dad would set up the ball for me and I would push it down the lane by pushing it off with my feet. It was lots of fun for a little guy to spend some time with his daddy that way. Good job with the kiddos...ummm, mom didn't you take golf and bowling while at Harding or was that gone by the time you got there?