Friday, January 26, 2007

Ketchup

Ketchup is usually one thing you can get kids to eat....most of the time!

This afternoon for lunch the kids had hot dogs. Emma loves ketchup (or any kind of dipping sauce)! So, she was eating her ketchup with her fingers, her chips, her stick of cheese and her hot dogs. She makes me laugh with it. She has even eaten ketchup on green beans. Yuck is what I think!

However with Madison I noticed when I gave her a second hot dog that she hadn't touched her ketchup. This is very unusual for her. So, I asked why she wasn't eating her ketchup when she had asked for it. She politely responded, "Because I'm eating my hot dog the old fashioned way!" I was unaware of an old fashioned way to eat a hot dog, but I guess there must be one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I love it when kids say "grow up" words correctly yet it still didn't make sense. Gracie is the same as Emma, she thinks all condiments are side dishes that she should eat with a spoon.
Ang

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I'm old and I ate ketchup on my hotdog when I was little, must be "old-fashioneder" than me. I do have my great grandmother's recipe for ketchup, and it isn't much like what we think of. Maybe it didn't taste to good on hot dogs.....love you, Gram

Stephanie said...

It's amazing how putting ketchup on things can make a child eat it no matter how much they hate it...it can also work for adults too! :)

Desiree said...

I personally hate ketchup-I don't even like it on french fries! Give me some good ole' bar-b-que sauce!!

There I commented!!

I love you so much girl-I miss you again!!