We returned to Springfield about 9 last night. Jeremy returned last Tuesday to go back to work. He slept for four nights at the church building on the couch in his office since the church building had power. Our power came back on sometime Saturday evening. So, Jeremy came to pick us up from Searcy yesterday.
Many people in Springfield and the other communities hit with the storm are still without power. The National Weather Service said that 200,000 of the 300,000 residents in Springfield were without power. Today 20,000-25,000 of those residents are still without power.
It is amazing the things we take for granted. Little things like light and heat make a big difference in how we live our lives. I am so thankful for having heat again and light to see after 4 pm.
I am also thankful for special friends who let us come and stay when we need a place to get away. It was so fun staying with Wes and Desiree this past week. It was also fun seeing other friends and hanging out throughout the past week. Madison and Emily had lots of fun playing together. They played some sort of dress up I think almost all week. Wes and Des have a dog and during the week Emma was able to get over her fear of dogs. By the time we came home, Emma and Hailey were best friends. Thanks Wes, Desiree and Emily!!! We love you and miss you already!!!
I am also thankful for a home that was not damaged by the storm from trees out of our yard. We did have a pipe under one of the bathroom sink burst and the drain pipe to our washer is still frozen, but other than that no damage! It is definitely a blessing! We could have been so much worse off.
Okay, I know you are all dying to see pictures. So, without anything needed to be said, this is what our front yard looked like when Jeremy returned on Tuesday afternoon. There are a bunch of them~











This is the view from our driveway down the street!
This is the one tree that is in our backyard!

4 comments:
Oh my word! That ice storm did some mega damage! Don't blame you one bit for getting out of town. Just glad you guys are all okay and that your home didn't sustain too much damage. I hope you guys thaw out very soon and life gets back to normal. Love you all!
Wow, Rach, those are amazing pictures. I know ice does a lot of damage, but it does look beautiful on the trees. I'm so glad you are okay and that you had a good week in Searcy.
It was great to spend some time with you. We love ya'll so much.
To think, your dashing, adventurous, handsome, humble husband cut them thar' trees with a hand saw. What a hunk.;)love you babe!!!
Post a Comment