Thursday, January 25, 2007

Imaginations!

I love the imagination children have. Madison has a great one and Emma's is really beginning to come out and show itself. I love how they come up with random things to play or do in normal playing situations. Emma of course wants to be doing everything Madison is doing. She thinks she is big enough to do it and most things she can with a little help.

Yesterday I was doing laundry and sorting the loads in the floor of the kitchen. Madison pulls two chairs over to a pile and begins using the chairs as a diving board. Emma, of course, follows right behind. Madison even went and put her swimsuit on "she was swimming". Emma pulled her Dora nightgown out of the dirty clothes pile and put it on to wear as her swimsuit. They had a blast jumping in a pile of dirty laundry! Who knew?!?! Why have toys when you can have dirty laundry to play with?

Joshua had fun playing in his crawling tent he got for Christmas while the girls were "swimming". Here is Joshua's nine month picture! Only 2.5 months until he is a year :-(

5 comments:

Beth said...

What a big man you have! He is sure growing up - pretty soon he will be jumping in the laundry with the girls! :-)

Anonymous said...

Lexi and tagalong Gracie have been playing "beach party" for the last few weeks. Lexi too has been getting into her swimming suit and pretend swimming, although her location is in the middle of the living room. The best is when she comes out of her room with her swimsuit on backwards and she doesn't understand why it won't cover her fully in the front.:)
You may be freaking out at the age of Joshua, and I am still freaking out that you have THREE kids!
Love Ang

Anonymous said...

Where'd you get such CUTE SMART kids? I bet they take after their paternal grandfather!

Deborah said...

My kids like to use the tops of their laundry hampers for shields and wooden spoons for swords. Who needs all these fancy toys? Oh, and Mommy and Daddy's clothes are really the BEST dress-up clothes!

I loved the pictures. You are so good at capturing everyday moments with your kids. Thanks for inspiring me to be better about that.

LET said...

That is so great! They had a summer party in winter. I ought to do more of that everyday picture-taking. Thanks for being so inspirational!
Laura