I think it is hysterical how different children react different to pain (and anything else for that matter). Madison is our drama queen and Emma is our go with the flow child (as most of you probably know). For instance, this morning we had several needs for nurse mom. With three children, I am pretty positive that we will have many more days like this one as well.
First it was Madison--
At breakfast she starts automatically whining, almost crying, b/c her nose hurts. When I look at her nose, I see nothing! When I say that to her, she insists that her nose is red and that it is really painful. Even after I tell her that it isn't red, she tells me that she needs medicine and a band-aid on it. So, after 2-3 minutes of trying to figure out a nose pain with no redness, scratch or anything that might lead me to believe it might be painful, I put some triple antibiotic ointment and a band-aid on it and all of a sudden, all is well in the world of noses. She wears the band-aid for about 20 minutes and then states that her nose feels all better! Let's hear it for band-aids!!! In Madison's case, scratches, scrapes, bumps, bruises and nothings ALL NEED A BAND-AID AND A KISS!
this will probably embarrass her one day
Then it was Emma's turn--
I was getting them dressed after a bath. Emma (who loves shoes) was putting on a pair of Madison's flip flops and walking around. I was combing Madison's hair on her bed. As Emma was walking to Madison's bed, she tripped over the towels in the floor and hit her forehead hard on the bed frame to the trundle bed under Madison's bed. Talk about a knot! She cried for about 1 minute and then was ready to get down with the flip flops again and keep going. She didn't act like she had gotten hurt the rest of the day! In Emma's case, scratches, scrapes, bumps, bruises and nothings DON'T NEED ANYTHING BUT A QUICK KISS!
check out that bump!
Boy was I glad when our morning of boo-boos was over!
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
scratches, scrapes, bumps, bruises and nothings...
Posted by
Rachel
at
11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Rachel!! SO good to find your blog. In regards to the "children responding to pain", mine are very similar to yours. Joshua's new thing to say after he falls is, "Oh, I HOPE it's not broken." (Imagine that in the most melo-dramatic voice possible.) Then Caleb's my tough-guy, who waved and blew kisses at the nurses in the ER after his head was stitched up! Go figure.
Your kids are precious!!
Post a Comment