WAY TO GO EMMA!!!! Tonight Emma began her journey of potty training. A few weeks ago she started pulling on her diaper when she was wet and she would also tell me in the morning and after nap time that she needed her diaper changed. So, about 2 weeks ago I pulled out the potty chair just to get her used to it and see what she would do. The 2-3 times I tried to sit her on it, she did not want to sit there at all. I figured it is not a big deal since she is only 20 months and I wasn't going to push her anyway. So, since Jeremy's dad and mom were here this weekend, I decided to put the potty chair away. I figured since she wasn't interested anyway, I wouldn't fool with it. But then, tonight at bedtime, Madison was looking for her blanket with Jeremy. Emma had climbed up in Madison's bed and covered herself up (she really wants a big girl bed!). After a few seconds, she picked up the blanket, grabbed her diaper and said diaper. I asked her if she needed to go potty and instead of saying anything, she proceeded to get off the bed and walk to the bathroom. She looked around the bathroom for the potty. I got the potty chair back out and took her diaper off. She immediately sat down and went potty. I called Jeremy and Madison and we celebrated!!! Jeremy and I are both so proud of her. I know she is really kind of young to be potty training, but I am all for not having to buy dipers for two kids if I don't have to! So, we will see how tomorrow goes and I definitely won't push the issue. She will train herself when she is ready. It worked great with Madison doing that, so that is what I will do with Emma.
Sorry no picture of this great event. I felt like I would be invading her if I took her picture. Maybe I can sneak one sometime when nothing is showing. :-)
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
The journey has begun...
Posted by
Rachel
at
11:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah Emma-I'm so excited for you all. Emily did it really early too and then stopped for about 6 weeks and then started again and never had trouble. I hope it continues to go well, she is prob always gonna be trying to be a big girl like her wonderful big sis. I know I say this every time but I miss you and love you.
Hey Rach, I love this blog! Way to go Emma! She will probably start reading next week, she is so smart! God Bless, Gram
Way to go, Emma! That's a huge accomplishment! We're working with Hayley right now as well but she's still not showing much of an interest and she's almost 27 months! But I know it helps so much to only have one in diapers. We are so enjoying the blog. Thanks for keeping it updated often. Miss and love you all!
Hey Rachel and Jeremy. I just stumbled across your site thanks to Stephanie Schwieter. Hope you guys are doing well. Chad
Post a Comment