As a youth minister's wife I have already learned that sometimes I don't know what to say to the girls. The other day one of the girls confided in me something and I had no clue what to say to her. I kept thinking and praying the whole time we were talking, "God, please give me the right words to say." It was hard. This was something she has never told anybody and after we talked, she felt like she could finally tell her mom and she said I helped her make that decision. God must have said something right through me. I covet your prayers as I too (along with Jeremy) help lead this youth group, esp. the girls, in the right direction. It is a BIG job and I pray God will use me to His glory.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You've got my prayers girl! God put you and Jeremy there for so many reasons, I'm sure! I will pray for you guys.
I've always thought being a minister's wife was a very difficult job. But I know you are a great person to confide in and these girls will realize it very soon. You are in my prayers. You and Jeremy are changing lives - you will see it.
you get to listen to people's secrets! part of me is jealous and part of me is glad I'm not you...
I hear you, girl. This is not an easy job, but I have full confidence that God has given you the strength, courage, and abilities to endure the hardships that come with being a minister's wife. We've got to be there for each other! You are blessing those girls in ways you may never know in this lifetime. My prayers are with you.
Hey Rach,
Having been in similar situations, I am a firm beliver that it is not what or how we respond when we are told something in confidence, it is how God speaks and responds through us. Not only did this girl receive love and compassion through you just listneing to her. She received the ability to let go of something she has been holding on to. Sometimes just being there and having a listening ear is enough and leaves an even bigger message. By just being there, you told this young lady that she is valuable and that you are there for her. Of all the things I have learned working with the girls at WCC, it is being there when they need us to be regardless of our lack of knowledge or ability to say exactly the right things that really matters. God Bless You and Jeremy -- You are truly there for your own spiritual growth and to help others as they begin their own spiritual journeys.
Hey Rach,
Having been in similar situations, I am a firm beliver that it is not what or how we respond when we are told something in confidence, it is how God speaks and responds through us. Not only did this girl receive love and compassion through you just listneing to her. She received the ability to let go of something she has been holding on to. Sometimes just being there and having a listening ear is enough and leaves an even bigger message. By just being there, you told this young lady that she is valuable and that you are there for her. Of all the things I have learned working with the girls at WCC, it is being there when they need us to be regardless of our lack of knowledge or ability to say exactly the right things that really matters. God Bless You and Jeremy -- You are truly there for your own spiritual growth and to help others as they begin their own spiritual journeys.
How bout this!! I'm responding finally! I love your blog site, everything is so well done- of course since your a bit of a perfectionist! I'm proud of you for talking with the girl and giving her the boost to confide in her mom. That is a true blessing. You are such a sweet person, Rachel, I have to say that the biggest reason Jeremy is so successful in his ministry is because of you. He absolutely could not do what he does without the support and encouragement you give him on a daily basis. You are and have always been a true helpmeat to him. You are an amazing mom, wife and friend to the girls in the youth group. I love to see and hear you living God's plan and design for your life. You will be so blessed. I love you, Donna
Post a Comment