Saturday, September 16, 2006

adventure

Tonight I learned to rock climb and also belay. The belay is the person who holds the rope while you rock climb so you won't fall. It was sooo fun!!! One of the teen's mom, two teenage girls and myself learned to belay tonight so we can use it with our group next weekend for our girls day out with the moms. For two hours of our day next Saturday we are going to go rock climbing. If you have ever read the book Captivating (and if you haven't, you should) then you know that every woman desires to be apart of a great adventure. We are going to have an adventure as a group of girls where each person is part of that adventure. I am excited and so are the teen girls. (I'm not so sure if the moms are that excited!) Tonight, I made it half way up a vertical wall (which is supposed to be a harder wall). I was pretty proud of myself. It felt good to be apart of an adventure that required someone else to be part of it as well. I know that everyday life is an adventure, but this is different. I am already looking forward to Monday night when we will once again go practice our belaying before next Saturday. Until then, I hope my abs and legs quit hurting! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel...I totally know what you are saying. I felt that way after reading Captivating too. This summer, I went to North Carolina to see my sister and she took me white water rafting! I was hooked. It made me feel so alive. My sister is a part of an "Adventurous Moms Club" and once a month they go and do things like rock climbing, rapelling, canoeing, rafting, mountain bike riding and all kinds of other things. I came home and told Todd I wanted to do something like that here. Now that the weather is cooling, I'm thinking about it again. Plus your post really made me think of it again. Wish you were here to help me kick it off!! I think I can rope Desiree into it too, we've talked a little about it. Anyway..excited for you and the new adventure and can't to read about how it went!!

You go girl...Flee

Desiree said...

Rachel, that is so awesome. I know exactly what you are talking about, we took the student impact group to the place in searcy and it is an amazing adventure. I even took Emily and she says she wants to have her party there, she loved it.