Well, I think Joshua is finally on the mend...I pray and hope anyway. The last two days he has seemed so much better. He is eating well and even hasn't screamed through the night the last two nights! That within itself is a blessing! He really did well with the breathing treatments. He is down to one a day now. I thought the dinosaur mask was pretty cute. I mean, if you have to wear one, it might as well be fun! His coughing is improving and he has even coughed up some mucus in the last few days. Gross I know, but I am glad he is getting it out! Thanks for praying for our little man!
Our yard is also finally on the mend after the huge ice storm last month. Sometimes it is really nice to rent!! Last year when we moved to Springfield we decided that we would rent for at least a year so that we could make sure we really knew where in the city was a good place to live and in a good school district for our kids. Throughout the year several things have happened that have needed fixed and it is so nice to be able to call the rental company and have them fix it and not have to pay for it! The same goes for cleaning up our yard after the ice storm. Jeremy and I had worked a little bit on our yard in order to make the driveway and sidewalk to the front door passable, but we still needed time to get the rest of the yard cleaned up. Jeremy had spent several Saturdays helping older people from church with their yards. We were more concerned with them and knew we would eventually get around to ours. But two Saturdays ago right about the time we were getting ready to go out and start cleaning up the yard a tree company showed up and told us they were here from the rental company to clean up the yard! It was great. It would have taken us an untold amount of hours but it took their crew of 7-8 men 3 hours and it was done. They even cut down one of our trees in that time including mulching the stump! :( As sad as it was to see the tree cut down, they said that the next big storm or any huge winds would blow the tree down into the house. So, we were glad to see it go at the same time! We are so thankful that the job was done for us and we now have TONS of firewood for the next few winters! As Jeremy's dad has said several times through this whole thing, "When life throws you lemons, make lemonade." We will definitely be making fires for our "lemonade"!
And this Saturday the city cleanup crew showed up and picked up all the branches that were sitting out by the road. It is so nice to be able to see the road again!

6 comments:
This might also help people sitting in your house really late at night getting spooked by the branches moving and turning on the motion light! Just a thought! :) I am not sure "who" those "people" might be...but just in case...I mean really they could be anyone! Thankful Joshua is feeling better!
It broke my heart to see Joshua's picture! I'm sure it looks worse than it really is so I'm glad he's doing better.
I'm so glad you guys were blessed for all your hard work. When are we gonna see you again? We may have to come visit again soon, I miss you tons!
Boy I feel your pain. Sydney took a treatment just this morning also. I like that mask though...it's pretty cute. Glad he is feeling better. Sure hope he doesn't have asthma.
That's pretty cool that you have all that firewood now! Glad it finally got cleaned up.
Take care..flee
Hey girl- so glad to hear Joshua is feeling better!! I sure hope he continues to do good and doesn't have to wear the dinosaur mask too often! Love you!
That nebulizer picture looks familiar--glad your little man is doing better. I know what a scare that must have been.
Post a Comment