Thursday, February 15, 2007

My helper

What a joy Madison is to our lives! She can be as sassy as they come but she can also be the sweetest child ever! She has grown so much over the last five and a half years and it really amazes me everyday as I watch her grow into a little lady. I am so proud when she is polite and nice to others and then I am mortified when she is rude and acts ugly towards others. Several weeks ago she was going through one of her little phases where I felt like all I was doing was disciplining her. It had even gotten to the point of seeking advice from a few people on how to deal with her. She can be so strong willed! Spankings don't phase her when they come from me but they of course phase her a lot when they are from Daddy. In fact, she has even laughed at me after a spanking because it didn't hurt. My hand was stinging something terrible! But despite the phases of stubbornness and sassiness, she is so helpful and loving most of the time. The past week or two I have seen so much love flowing from her. She is so beautiful both inside and out and I am thankful for the little girl she has become and can't wait to see what kind of lady she will grow to be! She loves to help Emma and Joshua do whatever! She almost always wants Emma to play with her. I love watching them play together no matter what they are playing! Madison is also learning to read. Early last month I bought a book to teach her and she is loving it! She can't wait til she will be able to read all of us a book. She wants to do whatever I am doing. She loves to fold laundry, set the table, cook, sweep, mop, wash dishes--anything but clean her playroom. I am so thankful for such a precious daughter!

Here Madison and Emma are washing the dishes after breakfast one morning this week. She did not want me to put them in the dishwasher, she wanted to be a helper and wash them. Last week she climbed on the counter and made her and Emma a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows! How sweet! Her imagination is amazing! She made a "purse" put of her band-aid she had removed!
Thank you Lord for my precious girl Madison and her sweet helpful heart! Thank you for the many things you have taught me with raising her and I pray you will continue to guide Jeremy and I as we raise these precious blessings from you! P.S. Please keep praying for Joshua. He isn't much better. The cough sounds a little more productive though. And Jeremy's mom's surgery went really well! Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madison sounds wonderful! I love the picture of your girls washing dishes. Super cute!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful little girl you have there. I understand having a child with an "extreme personality"--that's my Caleb. SO sweet and so feisty at the same time. I think it will serve them well in the future, don't you? Here's hoping!

Anonymous said...

Rach, thanks so much for the blog work you do, it made my day to read it and see the picture, now what is this about Madison not being perfect??? I think you all are! Love you.....

Stephanie said...

You know Rach, I did the same thing to my mother - laughed in her face when she spanked me. When I did that, she threatened to go out and get a hickory stick. Eventually, she spanked me with it and it HURT! I never laughed at her again.

Oh, and since Madison is being a little helper, maybe she can wash your PC dishes and give her a small allowance for her helping you. Just a thought! :)

Anonymous said...

Precious! It is so great when they want to help...it is especially great when we take the time to let them help. They have the tenderest hearts right now so we need to nurture that. There are not many other things that are more important than that! Love ya girl!

Right now, the girls are wanting to help feed Isaac...I hope he survives it!