
Over the last week, I have been reminded several times of how thankful I am to have three healthy children and to not take them for granted.
Last week at Joshua's six month check-up there was a mom with her one month old in the waiting room. The baby was born two months early and was having to wear a heart monitor. She was talking with a representative from the heart monitor company about why the alarm kept going off (which means the baby's heart had stopped). Most of the 80 something alarms was things like burping to mis-placement of the pads, but there were a few that were questionable and needed to be looked at by a heart doctor. She was sitting right across from Joshua and I in the well baby waiting area and kept watching us. I can't imagine how she was feeling on the inside watching someone with a healthy child. I hugged Joshua extra close and again said a prayer of thanksgiving for all three of my healthy children.
Also tonight, Madison had a birthday party for a little boy from church. There was a young mom there who has a 2 year old and is pregnant with their second baby. She has been bleeding for 2 weeks now. The baby still has a heartbeat and the doctors can't figure out where the bleeding is coming from. She has already been through one miscarriage and doesn't think she could bear another. I once again was reminded of the pain I went through with my miscarriage, but thank the Lord that much more for the three healthy children he blessed me with.
I know many women (and men) endure the pain of being unable to have children or for some reason their children aren't healthy. I know I thank God for my children, but sometimes I forget to thank him for their health and also for just the shear fact that he did give them to me. So today, I am thankful for the three healthy children God has blessed Jeremy and I with.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Thankful
Posted by
Rachel
at
10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment