Today was a funk day. You know those days when everything seems just to get on your nerves and you feel like it doesn't matter how many hours are in a day, everything will not get done. Well, that was today. Nothing major happened, we didn't even have anything to do today and yet, it was just one of those days. Thankfully though, I feel like I did a pretty good job at keeping my cool. No yelling and I even think I spoke nicely most of the day. Amazing! I was praying A LOT that is for sure. Jeremy of course was AWESOME through it all. He could tell I was having a rough day and he fixed dinner after he got home from the office and cleaned up and let me just have some down time. I could not ask for a better man. God was good when he gave me Jeremy.
I still don't know why God lead us here to Springfield when it comes to me. It is obvious with Jeremy and his work with the youth (and lots of people would ditto that with my work with them), but I just don't know what my personal ministry here is yet outside of the youth. I need/want friends my own age and I have not connected with anyone here in that way. I esp need that on days like today. I wanted so bad to be able to call someone tonight and just talk and maybe go get some coffee. It is really hard to talk to teenagers about life at 27 years old. They just don't understand. So, tonight, I am once again missing my close friendships in Searcy even more. Moving is hard and today, I am not liking that we had to do it. I pray that tomorrow God will grant me peace.
I know this wasn't the typical blog, but I needed to talk via writing. Thanks for "listening."
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
ramblings and thoughts
Posted by
Rachel
at
12:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey girl-
Sorry you had a hard day- hope today is better!! Maybe one of these days we will be there with you and we can run out for coffee!
Love you!
Hi Rach -
Give yourself some time. It takes a good year or so to really feel "home" again. After we moved to Nashville, the first few months were tough since I didn't know anyone and we were still visiting churches. Things will get better, I promise. And if you every want to talk, I'm only a phone call away! Plus, I know you have many friends as well that feel the same way.
God has a reason for you being in Springfield. We are actually still trying to figure out why we are in Nashville! We may not realize it until we get to Heaven.
Hang in there girl! Love ya lots!
you already know the answer to your problem - just keep praying and keep in God's word. He will provide for you in His time. For the moment, stay strong and remember that you are married to your best friend! although none of these words may help you at all since you really just need a hug. **HUG**
Sorry about your day, friend. I've been there. It sounds as though you handled your day a lot better than I handle mine. I will pray that tomorrow is a better day. Keep activly seeking where your ministry is (and where your new friends are)...I believe the Spirit will reveal to you where you are needed. You have such a precious heart. Love you!
So here's a paragraph from our class study tonight-I couldn't help but think of your blog and our conversation...
"Just as God is good to give us what makes us happy, he is happy to give us what makes us good. His actions consistently push us to the point where we eventually resemble him. Sometimes that means witholding what WE think we want in order to provide what HE knows we need. He knows that we seem to grow more during the lean times than during the full times of life."
It is hard to see God's goodness, but it is always there. I love you Rachel.
Post a Comment