Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Little Hunter

Madison and Jeremy went to a hunting safety class yesterday. It is mandatory here to have the class in order to get your hunting license. Madison has always wanted to go hunting with Jeremy so she was excited about going to the class yesterday. Within the first 10 minutes of the class, Jeremy had texted me and said that Madison said she wanted to shoot a deer, cut off it's neck and hang it on her wall! This is not something that I could see coming out of her mouth but she is so excited about it. I don't think I will have any deer heads hanging on my walls but I will gladly hang MANY pictures of the deer she shoots! She is ready to have target practice with bow and arrows and to go to Wal-Mart and buy her a BB Gun! Jeremy, of course, is eating up her excitement with pride! I can't wait for fall when they can go spend some quality daddy/daughter hunting time together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Deborah said...

How cute! My dad would've loved for my sister and I to get into hunting with him. Too bad we both hate the outdoors. Sorta puts a cramp in deer-hunting.

Nicole said...

That's great! Next step: taxidermy class so she can do her own "stuffin'!"

Ang said...

That is awesome...cut off his nick and hang it on the wall...priceless!!