We are having a great week this week. Two of our youth from Springfield, Jake and Alicia (brother/sister), have spent the week with us. They sadly will leave on Sunday to return to MO but it has been great seeing them and continuing to build our relationship. They have graciously watched not only our children for four days this week while we had training but also watched the Roark's three children as well. Not bad for a week's vacation to earn a little extra $ for your trip. I think you can tell from the pictures the kids are extremely excited to get to spend the week with them.
So, during the week we have done several fun and yet interesting things. Jason, Jake and Jeremy went to Altus to have a guy's night the other night. They saw Iron Man and just had a good time. Last night it was the ladies' turn!! We thought we had this great idea. We left about 2 after we finished our training for the week and went shopping to look at things to get Jeremy and Jason for Father's Day. We also then went to see Iron Man. It was a pretty good movie!! After that we headed to dinner. Roma's is a little Italian Restaurant in Altus that is super yummy!! We had been seated, gotten our drinks and just placed our order when the lights went out! Ummmmm.....just looked windy outside. Not sure what was going on. Jeremy sent me a text shortly after that saying that we had lost power here in Hollis (40 minutes from where we were) and there was a big storm headed for Altus with 70+ mile an hour winds and it could possibly produce tornadoes. It was headed NE at 64 mph. Ummmm.....if we leave to go home we will head straight into the storm. So, we waited out the storm in Roma's with no lights. From their windows we could see their sign being ripped off, a bench fly across the road, other signs from businesses fly down the road. It was crazy! At one point it was raining so hard and the winds were so strong we couldn't see anything out the windows. As we drove home there were uprooted trees, roofs ripped off buildings, billboards signs down everywhere, 5-6 power lines down, and even a semi was overturned on its side! We were very blessed to be safe inside the restaurant and also to have no damage done to the Roark's van. Thank you Lord!!!
Tonight we also got to have some fun! We saddled up one of the horses for the first time since we have been here. It was lots of fun! I love working with the horses!!! Madison and Emma LOVED riding!!!!
No pictures of either of these events. We said several times throughout the powerless night in the restaurant that it would be neat if one of us had remembered our camera to document the evening and of course, no camera for the horses as well. We plan on doing it again tomorrow so maybe pictures then.
The boys come back from vacation tomorrow. Please pray as we enter the summer with them that we will be able to get to work with them in many more ways that we are unable to do during the school year. Thank you!!!
Friday, June 06, 2008
Wild Things...
Posted by
Rachel
at
11:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love that Joshua and Emma's passionate personalities show up in these pictures...smiles so big they can't keep their eyes open! What fun y'all have had, I'm glad!
I'm so glad you all are okay! I hope you have a fun summer with the boys!
so good to see such happy pictures, I bet Jake and Alicia had a great time! So glad that you were all kept safe during the storm, I remember Beth and I hiding out in a Hancock's store in Little Rock when the sirens went off! God is good to us! Love you
I'm glad you all made through safe! I love storms, but I am also very scared of them. We had to spent an hour in the basement on Friday, but no official tornadoes after it was all said and done. We have been in the basement a lot over the last couple of months.
Oh Rach! Very scary! I am glad you have gotten some time away lately! Love you and miss you!
glad youre safe. loved the slide show!! Madison sure is a beautiful young lady. miss you all the time!!
Post a Comment