Thursday, June 12, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere!!!!

It is definitely summer!! For the last 3-4 weeks we have had HOT days--mostly upper 90's into the 100's. It is INSANE for the last of May and beginning of June! I am ready for Fall! So, we (or the kids) have been cooling off with water!
Joshua and Emma are are outside children. Madison likes being outside but those two could LIVE outside and be perfectly content all the time! So, if the door is not closed and locked they are out it. (Thankfully we live in the country!) So, the other day we hadn't seen Joshua in a few minutes and this is where we found him...
Yep, outside, naked and in the pool! He just walked out, took his diaper off and went for a dip...What a silly boy!
The rest are from last night when we had all the cottages over for dinner. Every Thursday night Westview rents out the local pool for the boys to go swimming. Last night they all came over for dinner before swimming and then after dinner we had dessert and a devo. It was really great! While the dads and boys were all having fun at the pool, the moms had fun watching the kids enjoy some pool/water time of there own!! They were so funny!!
Emma and Josiah

Madison and Emma decided to lay down and try to get some heat from the concrete once they were good and cold!
Joshua is the hose man! He doesn't like getting in the pool when there is too much going on. He is just as content standing on the side filling it up or even watering the grass. And heaven forbid another kid want the hose.....that means screaming and LOTS of crying! (Probably why he wanted his quiet naked time in the pool the other day!)

8 comments:

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

i don't think i've ever seen country like this. i've never seen where a yard ends and a field begins. how far do you have to drive to get a gallon of milk? or what if you were making dinner and needed cream of chicken to finish the casserole - what do you do? send smoke signals to the next village over to bring some over? :) It looks like the perfect way to raise kids!

Shiann Metheny said...

I totally love these pictures! Each child's personality comes out so clearly. Joshua is the most masculine child I think I have ever met. Praise the Lord for his sweetness as well. What a bundle of blessings! Josiah has a sweet smile as well, that boy cracks me up.

I agree that this is a good place for raising children. Much different than many! I was talking to a friend today who said that their town doesn't have a Dollar General! Aren't we so blessed! =)

Alissa said...

My kids love the "pool" too. Isaac is often only clad in a swim diaper, that until recently was pink Dora (left-overs from his sister!

Great pics!

Momma J said...

Now I HAVE to get the boys a new pool! The photos remind me it is too much fun. Papa (aka Uncle Ron) picked up the old plastic one in the yard and put his fist through the bottom when he tried to dust some dirt off. We didn't have room to store it inside and the weather made it brittle I guess.

Looks like blow up is the better way to go - or that cool sprinkler ball!

Deborah said...

The pool/sprinkler is one of the redeeming qualities of a hot summer. I love how the sun/water wears them out!

Beth said...

I want to play too!!!! Love you guys!

Melanie said...

What fun! We have a diaper dodger here too!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the story! I miss you all so much. When I was a child I lived to find a way into the water. Goshen, CA is every bit as flat and hot as Hollis, ugh! Cool water is such a nice thing. So glad the beach ball sprinkler is doing well, it had high parent ratings on the website. Love you!