Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Thankful prayers!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over these last few weeks and months!!! They have meant so much to us during this difficult time in our lives. We would ask you to send up a prayer of thanksgiving now with us as we accepted a job today!!!! We will be houseparents at Westview Boy's Home in Hollis, OK. We are so excited about this new chapter the Lord has opened in our lives and the ministry opportunities it brings with it. Even throughout today and after accepting the job we could see the Lord continually showering blessings on us!!! What a great feeling to know his timing WAS perfect!

We ask that you pray for us over the next few weeks as we prepare to move and get everything situated in a new home that it will go smoothly. We have lots of things to tie up here in Springfield before we can make the move.

Thank you Lord for continually showing us your faithfulness and for providing for our needs. Thank you for this great opportunity to minister to hurting boys and to show them your love. Bless the Westview Boy's Home and the work that you are accomplishing there. We love you and thank you for every blessing!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rachel - that's such wonderful news! Eric and I actually talked about this job last weekend and we both thought it would be excellent for you! I'll call you sometime in the next few days to hear about the job - we are so happy for you guys! Love you!

Romans 8:28

Anonymous said...

Count your many blessings! If you need any help getting boxes, packing, watching kids, meals or whatever PLEASE call me. I'm so jealous I would love to be able to do the ministry that you are getting ready to start. Do you think I could rent a spouse?

Julia

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! Off on a new adventure with the Lord as your captian... who could ask for more!? If you need anything let us know... we are in Harrison so aren't too far to help. We will keep this new transition in our prayers!!
Love ya-
Jen and the girls

LET said...

I'm so happy for you and Jeremy. You will be such a blessing there! I hope they realize how lucky they are.
Laura

Elizabeth said...

I'm thrilled for you guys and know that you will do amazing things at the boys home. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! We will be praying for you guys in the coming weeks and months. We are so happy for you. Channing and I actually know the Metheny's who work there. Do you know them? Shiann is the counselor and Troy is the youth/family minister.

Kim Hodges said...

Yea! Prayers for strength and unexpected blessings in these next few weeks!

Ang said...

So happy everything worked out, everyone knew that it would including you, it was just a matter of when. So happy it was sooner then later! God is so good!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! What an exciting opportunity for the whole family! And Westview is getting an amazing opportunity as well!

flee said...

Yay!!!! I really think this is going to be a great opp for your family. Will continue to pray as you transition again.

Much love!

Anonymous said...

wow rach! i just looked up Hollis, OK on a map and it looks like you will have a lot of open county around you!
I am so happy for your family!