Friday, August 10, 2007

Transition Update

The truck is packed and we are almost ready to hit the road for OK. Last minute cleaning that has to be done is NO fun--esp when you are already tired and exhausted!! Thank you to everyone who came to help us load the truck and clean yesterday! We appreciate it so much!!! Also a huge thank you to Jeremy's mom and Grandma as they came and helped pack this week and also took the kids to his G-ma's house yesterday so they wouldn't be under our feet as we loaded the truck. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

So many emotions are running through us. It is bitter sweet leaving Springfield. We have made some good friends who we will miss dearly and at the same time we are also excited about the upcoming new chapter in our lives.

Madison is ready for school to start on Monday! We will be staying with some friends until we can move into our home later this month so I will update as I can and will probably have lots of pictures to post then.

Thank you all again for your prayers throughout this time!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you have to be exhausted - because I'm tired and haven't worked nearly as long and hard as you. But now to tired to have a fun girls night out tonight. Love ya and see you tonight. Julia

Anonymous said...

okay I meant not to tired - not now to tired - that's what I get for not proofreading before I send

Kim Hodges said...

I'm amazed you found the time to blog about it! Hope all goes well and that you have a safe trip!

Ang said...

WOW, I am impressed!!! The worst is behind you, it's always fun to move in and redecorate!

Anonymous said...

We are still praying for your transition. I am tired just thinking about moving with three kids... Do you have a Starbucks near your new place? ;) I look forward to new updates about kindergarten and your new place. Let me know how the first day of school goes and any tips on getting through it without crying would be nice. Melina starts the 20th!!! LOL. Love ya! -Jen

Anonymous said...

Channing and I will be praying. Love you guys!

Desiree said...

Hope Madison has a great first day of school and you arrived safely. I have been thinking about you this weekend.

Melanie said...

Hope it's all smooth sailing from here!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel- just checking in to see how the first day of school went for you and Madison. If she was like Ginni, she didn't even look back to say bye. She was having too much fun - so I cried 'cause it didn't bother her to leave me. We'll talk soon. Love, Julia