Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kindergarten

I cannot believe we have a child in kindergarten! They grow up way too fast! Madison started school on Monday and was a little frightened when we got there. Due to moving over the weekend we had to get her set up and in a class first thing. So, I didn't get but one picture that morning since class had already started by the time she got there. Here it is: Can you tell she wasn't real sure about this whole school thing anymore? Just something new to get used to.

I think it really helped Madison, Jeremy and I that we had to say a quick good-bye--no time for crying and dragging it out. It was weird walking away and leaving her though--a way different feeling from dropping her off at preschool in Searcy!

Her teacher's name is Mrs. Mefford and she really likes her. Everyone says she is a great teacher and will challenge her! If you know Madison you know I have always worried about her being bored in kindergarten so I am thankful that Mrs. Mefford will challenge her.

Since we didn't get good pictures on day one we went a little early on Tuesday so we could get some good pictures. On the way to school Tuesday morning she said, "Mom, I'm not frightened anymore to go to kindergarten. It is lots of fun!" I am glad she is enjoying it!!


A special thanks to Shiann for using her computer to get the pictures off my card so I could post a blog WITH pictures before we get moved into our house later next week.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madison does look happier on day 2. So glad she is settling in, I was most worried about her adjusting. Talk soon, Julia

LET said...

I'm so glad she likes school and has a good teacher - that's important! I hope your transition continues to go smoothly.
Laura

Melanie said...

Looks like a great start for her. She's going to love it! Hope things are going well while you get settled.

Anonymous said...

Here's to Madison, Mrs. Mefford and the Hollis school system! I'll keep them in my prayers. I loved the pictures!!! Love to all of you, Gram

Beth said...

Hey! So good to hear the update - hope Madison's first week goes really well!! Can't wait to hear how you guys are all doing! Love you!!

Elizabeth said...

She's so cute! I've thought about you often this past week. I hope things are going well and look forward to hearing more about your transition.

Anonymous said...

Madison is SO cute! I am glad she is doing well. Melina starts on Monday. I think Melina will do well... I am just trying to "remain calm". LOL. I know I will be the mom crying her eyes out. We are planning a "support breakfast" for all of us who have kindergarteners to chat right after we drop off our kidos. ;) So we know how Madison is doing... How are YOU?? -Jen

Lisa said...

Aww. The last time I saw Madison she was about 6 months old. Time sure does fly! Hope this transition goes well!

Shiann Metheny said...

She is growing so quickly! I am so glad we got to be a little part of that! The kids are so well mannered and just great kids! You and Jeremy have taught me about parentings in the last couple of weeks!

Ang said...

I am so happy that she got to start on the first day like everyone else. What a blessing.

Deborah said...

Coming from a former kindergarten teacher and mother of a kindergartener (last year), Madison is going to LOVE kindergarten--it's my favorite. Hurray for a teacher who will challenge her!