Friday, March 30, 2007

An Eventful Boy!

Joshua has given us many eventful times within this past week. He is ALL boy, no doubt about it! He climbs on everything: Emma's bed, the couch, the stairs, and yes, even the dishwasher! Look at how proud he is!
Here are a couple of videos that I captured of him performing another eventful time in his life!


Last Tuesday he took his first steps!! I think he is as proud of himelf as we are of him!

And if taking his first steps isn't a big enough event, tonight he thought it might be nice to play a game of where's the missing earring? Since he is extremely mobile now and he thinks he owns the house, he thought he would explore. When I found him he was by my side of the bed with an earring in his mouth that he found on my nightstand. (He can reach the top of the kitchen table, nightstands, just about anything he really wants since he likes to climb so much!) So, after removing the one earring from his mouth, I immediately began looking for the other earring. I could not find it anywhere! Where else could it be but his little tummy. :-( So, off we went to urgent care for x-rays. Sure enough, he had swallowed the earring! It had not been 45 minutes from the time I found him until the x-rays had been taken and the earring had already passed through his little tummy into his intestines. I was so afraid that the back of the earring would tear something as it passed through his little system but the doctor seems to think he will be fine. Any prayers that it definitely won't would be much appreciated! So, now we begin the waiting game of when will we find the treasure in the diaper?!? Here is a picture of the other earring that goes with the one in his tummy! They will definitely be thrown away! Good thing they only came from Wal-Mart!A little boy with so much going on has to crash sometime!I love having a boy and I am very thankful that he is all boy even at such a young age! Thank you Lord for my sweet boy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am sure the earring incident was not fun. A story for his wife in the future. Will be praying it passes soon. I am sure you will have fun checking each diaper! Glad he is getting the skills down around the house- you just need to train him now to take the dishes out of the dishwasher or put them in. Have a great weekend. Sarah

LET said...

I hate to tell you this, but it's only beginning, Rachel! I call Ethan my little monkey, because that's exactly what he is. He climbs on everything, is into everything, and just can't seem to leave things alone. It drives me nuts sometimes. :-) But, I wouldn't trade him off for any replacement child, either! Luckily, he doesn't put things in his mouth like Emily did (she swallowed a penny), so we haven't had that kind of incident.

Desiree said...

Any sign of the earring yet? Hope Emma feels better today.

Deborah said...

Oh my word!! I have heard of kids (and animals) doing this, but never a baby this young!

He is just adorable and is a mini-Jeremy, which I'm sure you here often.

I hope everything came out alright.

Rachel said...

Just to keep everyone updated--no earring yet! Still waiting...

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach,

Well seeing as how until yesterday I have been a blog potato on my own blog, I haven't had time to read anyone else's either. As I caught up on your blog, I was reminded about how God uses our struggles to strengthen us and encourage those we love. Thanks for sharing your struggles in life and in being a minster's wife. I recently felt the "2 for the price of one" when I started teaching the teen girls class on Wednesday nights again. While I was originally frustrated about the many ways I am pulled in ministry, I realized the God has put me in this position to grow, share, and be challenged in my faith. I believe that you too, are in the position with Jeremy's ministry to grow, share, and be challenged in your ministry. I love how open you are with sharing the lives of your children, and I am thankful it is carrying over into your sharing of yourself with those of us who love and care about you. God Bless, love ya sis.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I remember a few weeks back having to work quickly to keep him off of the dishwasher...what a hoot! Maybe now that he has conquered it he is cured of the urge! We look forward to seeing you. Hope everyone is better soon and that no one else gets it. Thankfully, when Julianne had the fever virus no one else in our family came down with it. It was amazing how how those temps can go! Love ya!

Angie said...

4-3-07
Hey Rachel. I have found your blog. It's been fun reading about you all even though we live in the same town. So, any earring yet?