These past two days have been full of fun and emotion for Madison and her Mama and Daddy! Yesterday she registered for kindergarten. She was so excited and has asked almost everyday for the past several months how many days until school starts. She is ready--more than ready actually! Her Mama however is not. It was kind of surreal going to the school and filling out all the paperwork. They had crazy questions on the application like has your child ever been convicted of a crime? Has you child ever been suspended or expelled from school? I wanted to write in big bold letters--she is just starting kindergarten!!!! So, here are a few pictures from the big day!
Here she is in line taking a tour around the school. We are in the Library!
Here she is waiting in line to take a bus ride tour. They went over all the safety issues with riding a bus. Madison is so sad that she won't be riding the bus. We live too close for it ever to be an option. She was excited when we told her we could walk to and from school some days.
Sitting on the bus ready to go! The tour took about 15 minutes but the actual ride lasted about five.
She does her kindergarten screening on April 27th and then August 23rd will be here before we know it!
From one fun day to a not so fun day! Today Madison had her first dentist appointment. Yes, I know she is 5 1/2 and was supposed to be going since she was two or three, but somehow every time I have thought about it I have failed to call and make the appointment. So, today was the big day. She was not excited to say the least! She cried from the moment they asked her to bite down on the thing to take an x-ray until almost the end. But, no cavities so that is a blessing. We have to go back in two weeks for them to put sealant on her back molars since those are already coming in. Her bite is also not good and so we are going to have to watch that as she gets her permanent teeth in. It could mean braces :-( I pray that all of our children have my straight teeth. I never had to have braces and was thankful for it. She was excited to get a new Strawberry Shortcake toothbrush. Needless to say, no pictures were able to be taken since she was crying. I did get her to let the assistant take one picture of us together in the big chair so I would have something to scrapbook!
Now, I just wanted to post these cute pictures of Emma and Joshua because, well, they are just cute!


9 comments:
I can't believe that Madison is about to start school! It seems like yesterday I was looking at pics of her as a baby on your Scotland website! Amazing!
First dentist appointment is never fun. If it makes you feel any better, my first trip to the dentist was when I was 7 and I had about 8 cavities! Madison's doing a lot better than I was!
She's going to be just fine in school! I see the excitement in her face.
I believe that I have the cutest, smartest most wonderful neices and nephew in the whole world! You have to love those little faces - I want to give you all a big hug! I am not sure her aunt is ready for her to start school either...ha! I almost cried over how long Emma's hair is getting! Love you guys! Are those your new trouser jeans you have on at the dentist? Very cute even sitting down!
Hey girl...it is a big step to take with starting school. You will be sad on that first day and maybe even the first week, but after that, you won't bat an eye. Madison will love it and so will you.
Madison looks so happy! We'll hold to that thought. The only two days in my life that I felt terminally old were the two days I went with Beth and then Jer to enroll in high school! Emma looks so much bigger and older, and Joshua I just want to scoop up and hug him! I think Pop's boss may start to get threatening calls if I don't get to see all of you soon!
although i should not be surprised, it's a shock to see how tall Madison is!
We've signed Lily up for nursery school for this fall (she'll be 3 in December but they said they'd take her early). I thought it would be good since I could spend some alone time with the baby while she's at school for 2 hours. We'll see how it turns out, it could blow up in my face!
by the way, don't you think you should have another, just to make it an even number?? ;)
Oh girl! I do understand how you feel. It's going to be a roller coaster but hopefully she will transition smoothly. I had to get over my sadness quicker than I wanted b/c Emily was loving it so much and I didn't want to influence that. Maybe you will get to walk her in more than 1 day!!!
I hope Emily and Ethan have John's straight teeth. I had to wear braces for 2.5 years. :( That first day and week of kindergarten was hard and weird, but it was easy for me to adjust. Now it feels different when she's home all day. :) You'll miss her, but you'll also enjoy that time with your younger ones. I can't even think about leaving them at college, but that day will come. I just hope I don't cry in front of them! I just love reading your blog, Rachel. Keep up the good work.
Laura
Oh What Fun! Madison is such a cutie. Loved the photos of all the little ones. They are so cute and you look great too.
Tell Madison I had a bad day at the dentist too yesterday, I actually held the dental assistant's hand while they were giving me the shot to numb my mouth. Man that hurt! But, I just grabbed for her hand regardless. Maybe you shouldn't tell Madison that- Love ya, Sarah
Rach, your kids are sooo cute! And, you look so cute in that picture, too! Take notes for me on this whole kindergarten thing....I've just got one more year until I have to do that. I'll need your words of wisdom!
Sorry the dentist wasn't much fun. I wish there was some way to make the dentist's office easier...on everyone!
Post a Comment