Monday, March 26, 2007

Take Me Out to the.....

BALLGAME!!!!

As you all know I am from Atlanta, GA! What some of you may not know is that I love baseball. Jeremy is not a huge baseball fan (in fact, he says it really isn't a sport). I haven't gotten to watch much of it in the last several years due to that reason and several others. It has been years since I have been to a game. This past Saturday we were privileged to get to go to a Southwest Missouri State baseball game. I loved it! From the time we walked into the park it was awesome! We had box seats which were even better! We went with one of the teenagers whose dad gets tickets. His family was out of town and so he asked us if we wanted to go. Jeremy being the sweet man he is knew I would want to go and said yes. I loved being able to teach Madison about what strikes, balls, outs and innings all meant. She didn't much care except for when we could go get some food. The Bears play on Hammon's Field which is the same field the Springfield Cardinals play on. At the end of April, the little youth from church are going to a Springfield Cardinals game. I can't believe within one month I will be going to two baseball games!!! I might could get used to living here, even though my heart will always be a HUGE Braves fan!! The Bears lost in extra innings but I still had a blast! Here are some pictures from the big day!






6 comments:

Beth said...

Hey girl - you can come over to our house and watch baseball any time!! But, you might have to have at least a little affection for the Yankees to be able to stand it around here - ha!

Anonymous said...

GO CARDS!!!!!
I am so happy for you that you GET to live in such a wonderful state where baseball is EVERYTHING!!!
GO CARDS!!!!!!!
Love, Ang

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting to watch some baseball- 2 games. Come teach for me for a day and I'll have my students play baseball each class period...you can coach and cheer. I am glad your family had such a good time, even if the fun revolved around the great food. Mad. is too cute. Love ya, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Fun! I don't think I knew this about you! I grew up with baseball...all the time it seemed like! I enjoy watching it if I have an interest in the team...I don't just like watching random teams...although, major league games are fun! Can't wait to see ya'll!

Anonymous said...

is it me, or do your children look nothing alike?
not that i can talk, the other day I was out with my mother and my sister and two groups of people that we ran into thought i was a sister-in-law or a friend of the family. I had to break it to them that i looked like my dad. It was hard for me to accept as well.... ;)

Anonymous said...

Precious pictures of the kiddos! Can't wait to see ya in a coule of days! We'll have some more play day and slumber parties, all wrapped into one!! Love ya, See ya soon!!
Donna
PS-you'll have to help me with my blog, the stupid thing never recognizes my password or username anymore, so I have to be "anonymous" for a while!!