First, I want to start by saying I'm sorry that I have no pictures. Our computer is acting up lately and it is not even detecting my camera so I can download pictures. Jeremy recently reloaded the internet and we think that is what did it. But now, he thinks he is going to have to reload Windows XP which means downloading EVERYTHING on the computer. What a pain. So, when he has the time, that will get done. I hope to share pictures with you soon.
This has been a great last week! Jeremy's fam came last weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving. Every other year they come to Branson to Silver Dollar City to celebrate the holiday. This year, since we live here, it made everything easier. We celebrated a week early since Chad, our brother-in-law, works for the post office and can't get off the day after Thanksgiving =(. We had a WONDERFUL dinner with the works...turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean bundles, cranberry sauce, dressing, gravy, rolls, etc.....you know, the works. It was yummy!!! The funniest thing was that Emma LOVED the cranberry sauce. Really there is only one or two in the family who like it until this year. Emma pratically ate the whole can all by herself. We even bought more this week for her and once again, in two meals, the whole can was gone. It was odd to see a child love cranberry sauce like that. This year several things I am thankful for are my precious husband and children, our families, my house, my friends all over the world, the soldiers who fight for our country and most of all our Lord Jesus! I hope each of you had many things to be thankful for this year.
We spent last Saturday at Silver Dollar City in the freezing cold. We were all bundled up all day. It was insane being there when it is that cold, but also worth it to see all of the beutiful lights. Silver Dollar City has 350 miles of lights. They said that equals to over 4 million bulbs. IT IS AMAZING!!! The kids (Madison and Joshua) got to sit on Santa's lap. Joshua loved Santa's beard! Emma, however, being our social butterfly, did not like the thought of sitting on Santa's lap. So, I had to hold her and sit on Santa's lap myself to get her picture with him. Her face is hysterical in the picture. (Once again, hopefully you will see it soon!)
The rest of this week has been a relaxing time spent with Jeremy's parents. They got to stay until yesterday. Mom and I had fun Christmas shopping and Dad helped put up the Christmas lights. We also went back to Silver Dollar City on Thursday and enjoyed walking around the park in much nicer weather. The high was 68. It was so much nicer than last Saturday! We had a nice visit and I really enjoyed their company and help. I couldn't ask for better in-laws. I always feel like one of the fam.
Today our family spent the day putting up the Christmas tree and the inside decorations. I am loving being in a house to decorate and not in a tiny apartment! I also LOVE having a mantel to hang our Christmas stockings from!!! So, now everything is decorated and ready to sit and enjoy! I love Christmas time and I love the way houses feel so happy all the time when Christmas is in the air.
More fun news from the week, Joshua started crawling and pulling up on Friday!!! There's no stopping him now! I hope each of you had a great holiday this week and that you are getting ready for Christmas.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
What a week!
Posted by
Rachel
at
11:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! Hayley went nuts over the Cranberry Sauce as well this year...must be a toddler thing.:) It was also great to talk to Jeremy last night...sure made backup traffic in Atlanta more enjoyable. Love you!
Post a Comment