I'm back!!! After being without a computer for over a month...we now have two. To make a long story short, we took our computer in to the shop, the guy worked on it for over a month and said that he couldn't figure out what was wrong and gave it back to us not working (or so we thought). He couldn't even back up the hard drive and that means I thought I had lost over 1 years worth of pictures that I hadn't backed-up! So, we went last week and bought another laptop. We have a sweet friend who was going the City (OKC) this past weekend and offered to take it to Best Buy for us just to see if they could get my pictures off the hard drive (I didn't care about anything else!). Within 5 minutes they were backing up the hard drive and they told her the only thing they could find wrong was the screen and we could re-load Windows, hook it up to a wireless keyboard and a monitor and basically have a desktop via a laptop. Can I just tell you how excited I am for the Geek Squad!!! Let's give them a big Whooo-Hoooooo! So, thank you Shiann for being willing to take our computer to the City and thank you Geek Squad for getting my pictures off of it for me!!!! Now I can breathe that I didn't loose a year of my children's life in pictures!
So (if I still have anyone who reads my blog)...stay tuned for MANY pictures to come of our life over the last month or so...there's alot!
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
We have a computer!!!
Posted by
Rachel
at
10:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Great News about the computer! Now you have his and hers! Can't lose those pictures.....
I'm glad you didn't lose your pictures. I load mine to Walmart.com as soon as I load them to my computer, even if I'm not ordering them. I try to remember to burn them and that never works, but I figure at least this way I have them in some form.
rachel? my rachel?!? are you finally here?! i was SO excited to click on your blog and not read "Loving Technology" for the billionth time.
i'm ready for your pictures!
Wow, a month? I hope you guys didn't pay him!
It's good to have you back!
Yippee!!!
Post a Comment