Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Break!

For Spring Break we took our first official family 'just the five of us' vacation!! We spent a few days in Branson and had a great time! Jeremy and I decided to rent a log cabin and it ended up being on the lake! One morning while I was getting ready Jeremy took the kids to the lake and I used my super zoom lens to catch some fun photos of them!
After I was caught, I caught some more photo opts...


The kids loved the rocking chairs on the deck of the cabin!We went to the Pirates Cove to putt-putt and had a blast! It was a great course!Until almost the end of the course, Emma would hit the ball the first time and then where ever it stopped, she would use her putter to scoot the ball down the course til it fell in the hole! It was hysterical but fun to watch!
Joshua looked like this every time his ball went into the hole and he also yelled a "Whoo-hoo"!!!! He was so excited!Madison was so careful with each and every putt. She was fun to watch and she beat me on almost every hole!

Since it was a pirates place, once we finished, each child got a bag of pirate goodies! Here they are with the pirate display in the lobby of the place! We all had so much fun!
Even though it was the middle of March the resort had a heated outdoor pool and we sure did enjoy that!!


We also got to eat at one of our favorite restaurants--Lambert's!! YUM!!! We even got to eat with a few of the members that were in the youth group in Springfield when Jeremy was the youth minister there. It was nice to see them!
Another thing we did while in Branson was to go see the Shanghai Circus. They were amazing!! The kids watched mesmerized for 3 hours! Sadly, they wouldn't allow you to take pictures.

After we spent a nice relaxing few days enjoying our children in Branson, we headed to Searcy! We spent some great time with friends and Jeremy's parents and just enjoyed being with friends and family! The kids played with playdoh at some point during everyday (something mommy isn't good at letting them do because it makes a mess--thank you Gram for letting them play!!)!


We also spent some time playing on Harding's beautiful campus with friends!

Madison and Sienna
Emma and her best friend, Abby! Even though they were 17 months and 21 months old when we moved, they are still best friends and always talk about each other! It is precious!!

There are no pictures of Joshua on the swing b/c he fell in the Lily Pool and ended up walking around campus cold and in his diaper. Poor thing!

Jeremy and his dad enjoyed playing Equate, a game like Scrabble but only Math problems.

It was a great Spring Break and we appreciate our awesome co-workers at Westview who allowed us to have that week off!

2 comments:

Shiann Metheny said...

I like that Emma found the reindeer antlers!

Glad y'all had fun!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a fun trip! I'm glad that you guys had a chance to get away for a week. I'm going to look for that Equate game. I've never heard of that. And, I LOVE the Route 44 Sonic drink next to the game....looks like my house! :)