Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crying Out To Jesus

Yesterday we found out that our baby doesn't have a heartbeat and that I am miscarrying our sweet one. Physically, this is so different from the miscarriage we experienced before Madison was born but the hurt is just as deep and intense. I am just thankful that if Jeremy and I aren't the ones holding and rocking our babies, Jesus is, and one day we will meet them in Heaven! It also makes me so much more thankful for the three healthy children we have been blessed with!!! Please pray for us during this tough time. Thank you!

Here is the song that keeps going through my head:
Cry Out To Jesus - Third Day (2005)

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time.
You feel like the days you had were not enough
When you said goodbye.

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keepin' you back from your life.
You believe that there's nothing
And there is no one who can make it right.

There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary,
And love for the broken hearts.
There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are.

Cry out to Jesus. Cry out to Jesus.

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith in love.
And they've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough.

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again.
Just remember that you're not alone
In your shame and your suffering.

There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary,
And love for the broken hearts.
There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are.

Cry out to Jesus.

When you're lonely and it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus

Cry to Jesus.

To the widow who suffers from being alone,
Wipin' the tears from her eyes.
For the children around the world without a home,
Say a prayer tonight.

There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary,
And love for the broken hearts.
There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing
That meets you wherever you are.
There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary,
And love for the broken hearts.
There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing
That meets you wherever you are.

Cry out to Jesus. Cry out to Jesus.

Cry out to Jesus. Cry out to Jesus.

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry. I know this must be so difficult for you, but what beautiful words you have found in that song to focus your heart and mind on. Thanks for sharing those words. It is always good to be reminded that we are not alone, no matter what we are going through. I love you and will be praying for you and Jeremy.

Beth said...

Bless you my sweet sister. I am so thankful you are who you are. Praying fervently ad loving you so much!

Anonymous said...

God bless each of you. Thank you for the words of the song that remind us of such good blessings to be had from the Father above. Praying, praying, praying.......love you.......

Deborah said...

Oh, I am so sorry for you. Such a difficult thing to go through. Thank you for letting us know, so we can say a prayer for you as you grieve.

Nicole said...

Rachel, I don't know what to say to comfort you best, just know that I am lifting you up to our amazing God. Your attitude is an amazement to me.

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

I hope you got my voice mail message on Wednesday BEFORE you found out about your loss. If you got my voice mail AFTER - I hope that it didn't make things worse. I'll pray that God will give you and Jeremy strength as you grieve. I love you both!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, we are praying for you today. I love this song by Watermark called "Glory Baby". It makes me cry every time but it also has brought me peace and comfort. I love you guys.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/w/watermark/glory_baby.html

~Jen

Anonymous said...

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/w/watermark/glory_baby.html

Anonymous said...

OK... it isn't going through, sorry. I'll send it to you another way!

Gina said...

Oh Rachel, I am soo very sorry for you guys. Thank you for sharing your pain and allowing those who love you to pray and share with you. Your sweet spirit is evident in your words and it's so amazing to see you give God the glory even in this.

We're praying for you guys.

Ashley said...

Rachel and Jeremy,
We are so very sorry for your loss.
I know it is very difficult right now, but know that people love you both and are praying for you. May the Lord give your heart healing soon.

Anonymous said...

Rach, I love you and want you to know that I am praying for you right NOW. I am without words as I read this post. May God grant you peace and give you the strength you and Jeremy need to get through this.

Love ya,
Amy

Erica said...

Dear Rachel, I am so very sorry! I did not know you had a miscarriage before Madison. I will be praying for you and Jeremy! We lost a pregnancy a couple of weeks ago, too (I say pregnancy not baby because it was molar - just placenta).

Anonymous said...

Rachel and Jeremy,

We will be praying very hard for you and are so sorry for your loss. You're very strong to have such a good perspective on everything!

We love you,

Brooke and David

Allison said...

We're praying hard for you all.

Jason Roark said...

I love you and am praying for you always!!

Miss G said...

Rachel, It has been a while since I have been over to your blog. I am just reading this. I am so sorry and hope that you are finding peace and healing as you walk along. Kelly