Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Track and Field Day

Madison did great at the elementary track and field day a few weeks before school got out! She chose to participate in the 75 yard dash, the softball throw and the long jump for her three events! Each class represented a country and Madison's class was from Canada. They were supposed to wear red and white. Madison never told us that (even as we were getting her clothes that morning) and so she showed up in her green shirt and hot pink shorts! We had NO trouble picking her out of her class! Thankfully she wasn't the only student in her class or the school who forgot to wear the colors they were supposed to.

These first couple of pictures are of them sitting around watching some of the other grades participate in their events.I love how they all look like Mrs. Randall's chicks trying to stay cool in the hot sun!She took third place in the softball throw for all of K and 1st grade!
Run Madison, Run!She took first place in long jump for all of K and 1st grade...
It's over and here is our athlete with her two ribbons! Madison, we are so proud of you and your hard work!This is an amazing picture I took of Emma and Joshua on the bleachers as we were waiting for another one of Madison's events to begin! I just love it...however, I can hardly ever get Joshua to look at the camera! What a stinker!!

4 comments:

Goska said...

congratulations for first place in long jump:)

Anonymous said...

great pictures!
ashley

Shiann Metheny said...

these are great! maybe you can "clone" his eyes forward...wouldn't that be interesting!

LET said...

Congrats, Madison! It must be a boy thing-I can't ever get Ethan to look at the camera, either.