Praise the Lord for his mercy and guidance! Jeremy and I have grown already from being here at Westview for only two short months. It is amazing to watch as God helps us as we help these boys everyday to begin opening their eyes to his compassion and mercy for them.
The last two months we have experienced so many different emotions from both ends of the spectrum. The first month was CRAZY!! That is pretty much all there is to say about that month. Sadly, within that first month we had three of our six boys leave Westview. It was amazing to see how even after the first week we had them when the first boy left, how hard it was to see him and his situation and to know that he was leaving. As Jeremy and I continue to pray each day for these three boys who are no longer under our care, we pray that we said or did something that one day they will look back on and see Christ's love and the love we had for them even in this short of time.
We now have four boys who are fun (most of the time) and full of energy. Each day brings up challenges of its own and hurdles we must jump but we make it through all by the grace and help from our Lord. It is definitely different for me being in a house that is now dominated by male hormones than female ones. The language, table talk, gestures, everything is so different from girls. I have always known boys and girls are different but when you have five boys (six if I count Jeremy) and only three girls, there is definitely one that stands out.
Our three kids are doing good! Madison, Emma and Joshua all love having older brothers. The boys are great with them. They think our kids are cute, funny and annoying all at the same time (like siblings I guess!). It is fun to watch them interact and watch as the boys get more involved with them. They are also enjoying living on a farm. One of our jobs in the cottage where we are is to feed the horses in the morning and in the evening. Westview has eight horses. Emma has been so taken with the horses. She has her horse sound down man! It sounds just like a real horse. Her cow isn't anything to balk at either. I guess that is one thing you learn to perfect when living on a farm.
Westview has two different animal programs which they utilize to help the boys grow mentally and emotionally. The older boys get to be a part of the calf program and raise calves and then show them. All boys can be a part of the pig program and raise a pig starting in the fall and then show them in the spring. In fact, houseparetns children get this benefit as well. As long as the child can walk he/she can have a pig. So, you've guessed it. Each of our three kids will have a pig!! Madison is super excited and asks almost everyday when her pig will get here. Within the next two weeks we should have all our pigs and so watch for pics of those. Our cottage will be raising 6 pigs (three of our boys will have one as well as our three kids). This will mean a busy fall, winter and spring with feeding and walking. It should be fun though too. Jeremy says he is naming our three pigs Bacon, Sausage and Ham. Funny man!
Sorry for no pictures this time. I can't seem to get them to download onto the computer. Maybe soon. I have lots of fun pictures to share.
Please continue to pray for us and the work here at Westview. It is a wonderful work and we are thankful that God has brought us here.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Update
Posted by
Rachel
at
10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It sounds wonderful!! I am so happy that you guys are adjusting. What a blessing I know you all are to all of those you meet.
On a side note...I have been around my fair share, and then some, of pigs, and I can tell you it was pretty fun. Good luck!!
I'm so glad to hear you all are doing well. I'm looking forward to hearing about the pigs! That sounds like fun (smelly, but fun). :-)
What a great environment for raising kids! There are SO many lessons from life on a farm!
I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. I'd imagine that life with 7 children is quite an adjustment, but you sound like you are handling it beautifully and with the Lord's guidance. Those boys are blessed to have you. Can't wait to see pictures!
If Hayley heard you all live on a farm, she will beg us to go see you all. She's learning about the farm in preschool.
Sorry I missed talking to you on the phone the other day. I'll try calling you again this week. Glad everything is going well! Love you!
Sounds like not only have you been greatly blessed at Westview, but that you are blessing the lives of some wonderful little boys! And what a great opportunity for your children to see you in this light!
Love you Rach! It was great seeing ya'll! We need more time!
Showing pigs is great! All of us girls were in 4-H and showed pigs one year. Mine was even Grand Champion! Glad to hear things are going well.
Post a Comment