Friday night Jeremy surprised me with tickets for a Springfield Cardinals game for my Mother's Day gift. We dropped the kids off at the sitters and headed for the game! He was so sweet. This was a big thing for him since baseball really isn't his favorite sport. He knows that I love it and so it really was a big surprise when I opened the tickets. We had lots of fun!
Our tickets were for the 6th row right behind home plate! They were awesome!!! I have never sat so close to the field. It was amazing! Since we were really close we also got to get a good look at Juan Encarnacion who usually plays for the St Louis Cardinals. He had injured his wrist and before he was cleared to play again with St. Louis he played for awhile with Springfield to make sure his wrist was back in good shape.
At one point in the game the mascot was behind home plate and he started mocking the umpire. It was pretty funny!
Since we went on Friday night we also got to see fireworks. Every Friday night the Springfield Cardinals have Friday night Fireworks! It was a great ending to a wonderful surprise date with my sweet husband!!
I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Surprise Date!
Posted by
Rachel
at
1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
How sweet! Glad you got to go out and cheer on the team.
That picture of you two is great!! You both look so happy - I love it!
how did i live with you for 2 years and escape this? i had no idea you were so into baseball. (many thanks to the nursing department if it was your major that distracted you from the games...)
What a great picture of you and Jeremy! Aren't surprise dates the best? I think Pat could surprise me with a date to Wendy's for a Frosty and I would love it. Though cliche', I have learned that it really is the thought that counts!
Hey Rach. Gotta love the dates. I love going to the Redbirds games here. I am sure they are very similar to the Springfield games there. Way to Go, Jeremy!!
Just ran across your blog and wanted to say hey to you and Jeremy. Hope all is going well.
Wow! That's a fun date night. I haven't had a date night probably since our cruise in Nov. However, we're having a overnight date night in Branson here in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!! It's good to spoil yourselves every once in awhile. Maybe more often than once in awhile too.
Post a Comment