Thursday, May 10, 2007

Diapers and Blessings

What a blessing this past year has been!!! Tuesday was the first time I had to buy diapers for 2 children. This may not seem like a huge deal to you but to people who have to buy diapers for two children at one time that money adds up rather quickly. So, I had to share this blessing!

We had a baby shower in Searcy before we moved and then the members at Sunset also wanted to give us a baby shower after we arrived here. It was amazing!! Since we had already had a shower in Searcy and received a couple packs of diapers and several fun baby boy items, when the people at Sunset asked what we needed most I said diapers and wipes. So, on the day of our shower here at Sunset we were blessed with 13 packages of diapers and lots of other fun things!!! It was awesome! We felt so blessed. Many of the packages were the larger ones and so I think we counted up somewhere over 1000 diapers from the 13 packages. If you bought us a package of diapers for Joshua---THANK YOU!!!! So, this was a great blessing this last year and until now our wallet has not known what buying diapers for two children is like. What a great blessing it is to have a church family that showers you with love and desires to rejoice with you when such a wonderful event happens in your life.

Now, I am on a mission to potty train Emma and so maybe our wallet won't have to know the feeling for very long! :-)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW! I don't think any first time expectant mother appreciates the diapers until the little one comes. I was blessed when I had Hayley that I didn't have to buy diapers until she was 3 months old. When the next baby rolls around, I'm requesting a diaper shower! HA!

Anonymous said...

Here's to an easy time with Emma! I think she is ready and will be an easy training job. (As easy as any potty training job...). Hope that you have a great Mother's Day, you are a great MOM!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog page. I am so glad the kids feel better. Good luck with the potty training maybe it will be easier than you think since she has an older sister to look up to.

Alison McQueary