Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh, what three yr old BOYS notice!

So Joshua is very curious about my chest. Ever since he was old enough to really pay attention to them, he has. No matter how hard I try to divert his attention away from them, he always comes back to them at some point. He especially likes to push them and continually ask, "What are these mommy?" In my effort to not give too much info to my three year old but enough that maybe will make him stop asking but still want to talk about things with me later in life, I always tell him they are what God gives mommies to feed their babies with. He usually says 'Oh!' and goes on about whatever he was doing before he noticed them that time. Well today we went to several towns close to us celebrating a friend's birthday. When we walked into one of the stores we visited, there were mannequins. First there was a male one and Joshua asked what he was doing. I simply told him he was standing there showing us what the clothes look like. Good enough for him! Then as we continue our way into the main part of the store there was a female mannequin. She was rather large chested and so of course my aforementioned curious three year old notices them. He runs over to me, tries to reach and press on mine and says, "Ooooo, look momma! She has ones like you!" I died laughing right there in the middle of the store! I could barely tell Jeremy and my friends because I was laughing so hard! Then we were all laughing hysterically!!!!! I know the man at the checkout counter wondered what in the store we were laughing THAT hard about. If he only knew. ;-)

7 comments:

Deborah said...

AAAAHH!! That is so funny! All I can say is, your Joshua is SUCH a boy!

Shiann Metheny said...

I still can't believe she actually had protrusions in addition to the regular manequin shape...eww!

He's hooked into the greater reality, praise God!

Elizabeth said...

That is hysterical!!

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

i am confused what that garment is to the left of the mannequin. looks like a nightgown but maybe it's a long t-shirt? what is that thing?

Gram said...

These boys, alwsys thinking! Lots to notice between the two sexes...!

Ashley said...

Ha-ha!! When my little brother Jake was a toddler he called them "nurses!" I remember him pointing them out at the swimming pool.:)

Angela said...

Well, I finally got around to reading the "boob" story that was the so talked about at Bible study the other night. SO FUNNY...:)