Madison showed her pig, LT in the local livestock show this past Monday. This was her first year and she did a great job! Her pig was a little stubborn and wouldn't move much so Madison stayed composed in the ring and just kept nudging him. She did a great job and ended up in third place! We are very proud of her and her accomplishments this year with taking care of LT. (Last year her pig died just after Christmas so she never got to show.) She was very pleased with herself this year! Here are some pictures of the day!She already is excited about next year! I can't wait to see the growth from year to year. This year I could tell she had grown tremendously with the thought that in the end her pig was going to the butcher's once the show was over. After the show on Monday, Terry (another houseparent who is in charge of the pig program) was going to take LT to his house until today when LT had an appointment to be sold to the butcher. Madison said that she would prefer to continue to feed and care for LT until today. Yesterday she said her goodbyes and I think she was sad and glad all at the same.
Our sweet girl, we are so proud of everything you have accomplished this year with taking care of LT. We are excited to see you grow and mature in all aspects of your life! We love you!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Show Time!
Posted by
Rachel
at
9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How adorable!!! It looks like she did a fantastic job.
She did so well. I'm glad the pictures turned out! Fun scrapping ahead!!!
Go Mads!
How cute. When I was growing up I showed a pig myself, what fun memories.
So cool! She looks so big and tall! THat is really, really neat! Kelly
Way to go Madison! (And Mommy and Daddy!) LT was so much more handsome than the pig last year! I asked her if he rode to the show in the seat belt with a cowboy hat on, she thought that was a funny idea! She looks so tall and very western! love you!
Way to go Madison!! That is one large pig.
Post a Comment