Thursday, December 11, 2008

Emma's prayer...

Today was our Westview staff Christmas party during our normal weekly meeting time. The kids always go to a sweet lady who watches all the children during the meeting. Jeremy picked up E & J from the sitter's and brought them home after we were done. I hitched a ride so I could help clean up. When I got home Emma hadn't gone down for a nap yet and I asked her if she was good for Mrs. Gail? She said, "Yes.......I was. Daddy was berry proud of me!"

Tonight I am able to sit down immediately and type out Emma's bedtime prayer for you. She always cracks me up with what she says but tonight I couldn't stop laughing. Here is her prayer straight from her heart!

Dear God,

"Thank you for my sweet mommy, I lub her very much.
Thank you for my sweet daddy, I lub him very much.
Thank you for my sweet sister I lub very much.
Thank you for my sweet brudder I lub very much.
Thank you for nose spray you put in your nose,
then you put you finger in your nose but it is yucky.
Then you eat what is in your nose but it will make you sick and
have to go to the hospital. It is yucky but no it is not.
Thank you for my boys.
In Jesus' Name, Amen"

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Emma sounds like such a sweet little girl!:) You are blessed!a

Beth said...

Oh my gracious - what a hoot!! That is way more entertaining than Michael's latest funny one. His was "Dear God, thank you for daddy, mommy, caleb, grandpa and peanut butter, in Jesus' name, amen." I am so thankful that they like to pray!

Shiann Metheny said...

God bless that child! Thanks for sharing. She is so fascinating and surely a future force in God's kingdom! Hopefully also someday an advocate for good respiratory health! =)

Momma J said...

That is great! I struggle with Christopher because even though we pray with him every night, he never wants to say one himself. I've tried various approaches but the only prayer he ever wants to say is a variation of the one he learned at Mother's Day Out. "God is great, God is good, let us thank him for our prayers."

Shiann Metheny said...

I also like the new layout!

Deborah said...

I LOVE her prayer. So glad you wrote it down!!

Allison said...

That's hilarious! Way to speak from the heart Emma. :)

Anonymous said...

That is quite possibly the cutest prayer ever. Dave and I both read it and love it! She's very, very cute. ^_^

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Sheryl said...

That was the cutest prayer. Sometimes kids say the funniest things. Love you guys and can't wait to see you at Christmas.