Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's that time of the year again!

Pig time is back! We got pigs a few weeks ago and the boys we have in our home this year are doing great with them! They seem so much more enthusiastic than the ones we had in our home last year. Jeremy and I are so excited to see what the pigs can help our boys with this year if the boys will just let them. We are also excited to see our boys grow and mature as they learn about taking care of "a pet" which takes so much responsibility. Animal therapy is really amazing and many studies have showed how much it can help heal. This year we are already seeing some of that. It is wonderful to watch!

As well as watching the boys interact and learn to take care of pigs, our children also get the opportunity to take care of a pig. Emma and Joshua are helping Madison (and all the boys really) with their pigs. They are enjoying spending time each day with them and Joshua cries if we can't go when he wants to go (which would be all the time if we allowed it!). Here are some pictures of the kids with the pigs, mostly Madison's pig.
Madison and her pig, Lady Tiger!
Loving on Lady Tiger
Joshua is doing SO much better with the pigs this year!
Two of the boys pigs out of their pens fighting for who's boss!
Madison brushing LT!
Madison and Emma love their pig!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! You may need three pigs next year! Love you...

Sheryl said...

I enjoy reading your blog I like to know whats going on with you guys, and I don't mind you reading my at all. Well I hope everything is okay with you all. Much love, Sheryl