Monday, October 13, 2008

30th Birthday!

Sorry for the delaying in posting. Blogger hasn't been letting me sign in for over a week now. Weird, I know. I can't comment on anybody's blog but no fear I have been reading them!

Yesterday was the big 3-0 day for me. I will be honest, I have NOT been excited about it at all. In fact, there have been days I could say I was probably depressed about it. Many reasons come to mind about why I was struggling with it, but mostly not really able to pinpoint any exact thing. Well, the day came and went and it was a great day and I don't feel any different than I did on Sat. when I was still 29. Amazing how it is that way with every birthday you go through. So, to share my presents with you would be an understatement. Jeremy went all out for me because he knew how much I was struggling with this. So, this past week was our off week which was nice. On Thursday he sent me to OKC for the day to a day spa!!!!! It was AWESOME!! I received a five hour and ten minute luxurious experience from my sweet husband for my birthday! I started with a 90 min massage, then I went to get a pedicure then a manicure which together lasted 2.5 hours and then I finished my time there with a professional "contour cut and style" (simply put, a nice haircut)! I really felt pampered by the time I left there!!! It was wonderful!!! Then since I was in the city (3 hrs from home) I went shopping a little bit before returning home. It was wonderful to receive all that pampering and a day of shopping with no kids!

On Saturday the kids gave me their presents (because they were too excited to wait til Sunday!). They had each picked out a movie to buy me. They were so sweet. Madison is into this getting movies for people as gifts. For Jeremy's birthday in August when I asked her what she wanted to get him she said two movies that are rated G or PG so that we can all watch them together as a family. Precious! We love our family time!! So, she of course wanted to do the same for me for my birthday so, I received Meet The Robinsons, Nancy Drew and The Chronicles of Narnia. They were so excited and I love that they love giving!!! They are all movies I haven't seen so we will have several hours of fun watching them together!

Jeremy also surprised then with another gift. (I thought the spa was plenty) He spent many hours working on a special book for me. He worked and reconfigured all the many posts I have put on our family blog and had them bound into this wonderful book! What a great memory and one that I treasured looking at for hours on Saturday evening and reliving so many of the stories I have shared with you. It was amazing to see how our life has changed in just the two years I have been blogging. I didn't think he could top the spa but the book is priceless and one I will treasure forever!

This all happened on days previous to the real birthday day! We spent yesterday in Altus for church, eating out at Applebee's where Emma had to tell everyone that walked by our table it was her mommy's birthday and then we also went to the lake in Altus and fed the ducks and took some pictures! After we got home and had nap time Jeremy and Misty had planned for several friends to come over and scrapbook and hang out. Here is a picture of my sweet family we took while at the lake!

It turned out to be a GREAT birthday/four days and I guess 30 isn't so bad after all!

Thank you Madison, Emma, Joshua and Misty for your planning and making my birthday so wonderful! I love you all! Thank you most of all to my sweet Jeremy for your deep desire to make my 30th birthday one that would memorable for the good and not one that I would look back on and not have liked for years to come. Your love and generosity shine through you so. Thank you for letting Jesus use your heart! I love you!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! That's my boy! Glad that your birthday time was wonderful. The movies sound great too. Great picture at the lake. Love you....

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! I know you've been dreading the big 3-0 but it's not as bad as it seems.

Way to go, Jeremy! The spa gift is always a good choice. You can never go wrong.

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel! And, way to go, Jeremy.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday!

Beth said...

How sweet! Love the presents you received for your b-day, and so glad that you had a good day! Thanks for posting the picture - I love it!

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

what program/website did Jeremy use to get your posts in a book? snapfish or something like that?i've been thinking of doing something like that so I can stop all the double entry in the blog and the babybook.

Mack McF. said...

Glad you had a good day/4 days sis! I am hurt you didn't mention the gift I gave you! ;-)

Ang said...

HAPPY late B-DAY!! Sounds wonderful!! Welcome to the land of adulthood!! I think it's great on this side!! I feel all mature and stuff!