I wanted to share with you a super fun thing I think Hollis does. Tuesday night they had a call Santa night. Kids from all over the county could call a 1-800 number and talk to Santa Clause!! It was a neat way to tell Santa what they would like to receive for Christmas. Madison had waited almost a week from the first time we had heard about it. She knew what she was asking Santa for!
We of course had to try several times before we got through! Every one must have wanted to speak with Santa. But, after 10-15 attempts, we made it! Santa answered the phone and Madison was hysterical!
She totally froze and acted like she was this little shy girl that didn't know what to say. (I know she typically is shy but after the enthusiasm she had just moments before waiting to talk, you wouldn't have known it was the same child!) So, here is a list of the things she told Santa she wanted: Barbie and the Island Princess movie, a new backpack and a girl Nintendo (in other words-- a pink Nintendo DS). I think Santa can probably handle two of those requests!
Emma asked Santa for ponies (My Little Ponies). She loves them!!
Joshua asked Santa for trucks!
Both Emma and Joshua told Santa on their own what they wanted. Joshua was playing with trucks and that is why he told Santa that. It was too cute!!
I think it is a wonderful thing that is offered to the children of Harmon County, OK. It made my kiddos day to talk to Santa!
Now we just have to find a good looking Santa to take pictures with. I miss the Silver Dollar City Santa! :-(
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Calling Santa
Posted by
Rachel
at
2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's awesome! I know it must be helpful for Santa to hear what they want for Christmas!
E-mail me and let me know when you will be in Atlanta for the wedding. We really want to see you all even if it's just for dinner. We can meet halfway or just come on down. Love you!
Cute idea.
So fun! The SDC santa was the best. If I was younger I'd swear he's the real deal!
Post a Comment