Last Wednesday we headed out for Kentucky to spend about 8 days with Jeremy's sister, her husband and their 10 month old son. First let me just tell you how thankful I am for DVD players for long car trips!!! It is an eight hour trip on a good day and with three children can become much longer. Since I grew up flying everywhere, I do not do good with long periods of time in the car. So, I am thankful for DVD players and chocolate that makes kids happy!
We had a good week with Beth, Chad and Michael. Michael is the first cousin for my kids on either side of the family and since he is now 10 1/2 months old it is getting fun for the kids to play together. I am excited to see how they love playing together as they get older. We are also excited cousin #2 is on the way and should be here around the beginning of January! Michael had tubes put in his ears on Wednesday and so we not only went to spend the long weekend with them but also to help around the house on surgery day. He did good but is fighting a double ear infection which he had when he went in for surgery. Please pray for him and his momma and daddy.
We didn't do much over the course of the week except for hang out around the house and play which was nice and relaxing. Beth and I did take a trip to the mall one day and here is Madison and Emma riding the carousel they have in the mall in Bowling Green.
My children have always been afraid of dogs, especially Joe-Beth and Chad's dog. This used to be a family dog but Beth and Chad inherited him a few years ago. Emma and Joshua would scream at the sight of him and Madison would not walk out of the house unless she was sure "Joe Joe" was not going to be anywhere near. But, this trip, they (all three of them) could not get enough of Joe. It was hysterical. In fact, if we were inside, almost all the time Joshua would be by the door crying for Joe Joe. He just wanted to play outside with Joe. I am so thankful for Joe and Hayley--the two dogs that have I think officially gotten the phobia of dogs out of all three of my children.
One day Madison gave Beth and I a makeover. Her and I got Jeremy while he was napping on the couch. (He will definitely not be happy I have posted this picture!)
The kids also had lots of fun playing in the sprinkler and the pool!
But mostly we just hung out and played with toys and enjoyed being with family.

Thanks Chad, Beth and Michael for a good week!
Friday, June 01, 2007
Fun in Kentucky
Posted by
Rachel
at
9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Cute! Wow! Jeremy is going to really get you! I got a great laugh though. Cousins are great...we LOVE ours. I had a good relationship with mine growing up and I hope the same will be for my kids and as things have gone so far I think it will. It is tougher when they live far away...I am still wondering if we are going to be able to get to Florida this summer to see ours. Love ya girl...
Great pics! Love the one of Jeremy - he looks great wearing makeup! Hayley loves playing with all 5 of her cousins - they give her so much attention.
Yeah, maybe next time we chat on the phone the connection won't drop 10 times! HA! Love ya!
I'm so glad you had fun with family. I agree about the portable DVD players. I travel by myself with my kiddos a good bit, so a good "car-movie" is a lifesaver on those trips. We also like to get up and leave really early so the kids will take a long nap in the car after lunch. (Unfortunately, my kids are VERY early risers, so they don't go back to sleep in the car on those early morning departures!)
Nice eye make-up Big Lou! :-)
I'm pretty sure KB will laugh!
I kind of enjoy long trips in the car. My first airplane trip wasn't till I was a senior in HS.
I love that my kids have cousins close in age and close to home to play with. They are like built-in best friends for my kids.
I am still looking for a picture of your make over?!?! You posted Jeremy's, it's only fair. :-)
Post a Comment